32 in Goulburn

32 in Goulburn

Sunday 20 December 2015

Not much happening.
have made some progress on GMS1 flush glaze is in. undercoated and base coat applied just missing lining and decals. The vents are on the roof and whole thing is primed just waiting final paint. Started a new project.
I had an old American observation car sitting around so I set to work cutting it down in length and a few other things.
Now after a rough paint it is starting to resemble something like one of the early VR parlor cars.

The current state of GMS1 all finer detail work to do now.


 Now on to the VR version. the body and under frame was shortened by about 5cm.
out of annoyance of seeing in grey primer I gave it a quick paint to see how it would come up.
it looks nice. still have all the railings and lattice work to do on the platform end and under carriage details.
 I know the windows and doors are technically incorrect but it is just a look a like. my skills aren't good enough to go that far. It was more making use of something I had laying around and turning it into something I will use. It will look good on a VR heritage train with the R class up front. Now I just have to wait for the re-run of Auscisions E cars.


No comments:

Post a Comment