32 in Goulburn

32 in Goulburn

Tuesday 21 October 2014

So with the layout unable to be worked on or even moved yet, I will focus on the current locomotives, rolling stock and buildings I have that need to be work on. I will admit I am not a rivet counter far from it. So I hope no one gets offended seeing stray locos and stock not found on the main south. So far this would include my U boat set, 85 class, (when it arrives) 86 class and my VR based A class and S class streamlined steamer.  But I believe you should enjoy the hobby and have what you like personally.
 So here are some photos of the Goulburn loco fleet so far.










As well as all the fun to be had with the locos and other rolling stock, there is lots of work to do cleaning up and restoring some of the original buildings from Agryle. Some new buildings will be needed to complete the layout. Included in this will be the old Slone St flour mill at Blackshaw road crossing, the track side of the railway bowling club and part of the Baxter shoe factory. Will have my work cut out for me there. here are some of the original layout buildings.






On to a slightly different note, with the upcoming release of the Shrike models 30T class I decided to pre-order one specifically for Argyle. Number 3016 for two reasons. firstly 3016 originally being a Goulburn based loco and secondly it is also one of the Canberra heritage railway museum's operational steam locomotives that makes its way back to Goulburn occasionally with heritage trains. sadly this number was not included in the list available when released. But that's what un-numbered locomotives are for!

No comments:

Post a Comment